We are the materials supplier for the first hemp homes constructed using certified BCA compliant Australian hemp lime construction materials. The certified industrial hemp we source for building is farmed and processed in the Hunter Valley and in Ashford in central western NSW. Our Lime Binder and Hemp Lime Render were developed at UNSW and are manufactured in Sydney. The company’s goal is to encourage regional hemp production for the sustainable housing market.
Hemp masonry is a durable, high quality, carbon neutral masonry building material suitable for exterior and interior wall construction and for roofing and subfloor insulation.
Often referred to as hempcrete, hemp lime construction materials have the following characteristics:
- Excellent thermal insulation
- Excellent acoustic isolation
- Fire retardant
- Mould retardant healthy housing
- Carbon positive building material – the fast growing hemp biomass absorbs around 10 tonnes per ha carbon dioxide during the plant growth phase. This then locked into housing.
- Rather then being kiln baked the materials draw in further carbon from the atmosphere over time to cure
- Breathable walls provides excellent indoor air quality
- Materials from demolished hemp masonry walls can be readily recycled